So you’ve made the decision to list your home for sale in this crazy Denver area real estate market? You’ve committed! You have a plan in place! The next major decision to make is selecting the best Realtor to represent you in the sale of your pride and joy, your home. So what now? Here are some things to consider, and even ask, when speaking with the Realtor you are considering signing with. This is your home and your LIFE, it should be important to your Realtor!
1. Go over your communication expectations of your Realtor with them and see how they react. Do they feel your expectation are realistic? Can they provide examples of how they have done this with past clients or do they already have a plan in place for keeping you up to date with your home?
2. Is your Realtor knowledgeable of the market and area? Do they specialize in any certain area or any type of real estate transaction like a short sale, condos, Southeast Aurora?
3. Is your Realtor experienced with selling/listing homes? Is this your Realtor’s full time job?
4. What are their marketing approaches to get your home in the eyes of as many buyers as possible? What are the successes of the marketing approaches?
5. Did you Realtor come prepared? It is often considered a good sign of a true professional when they come to the appointment with a presentation answering most of your questions before you have to ask them. They should offer up marketing ideas to you. They should also come having researched your property and neighborhood.
6. Check the Realtor out online. Most seasoned Realtors will have accounts and profiles on real estate websites like Zillow or Trulia. Do they have client reviews? How many homes have they sold over the last year?
This should get you started in making an educated decision regarding the Realtor for you. We know it sounds cheesy, but was there some kind of a connection during your meeting? After all we work for you, the seller, and if you’re not comfortable then there’s likely a problem. Don’t be afraid to speak up and be informed, knowledge is powerful especially when it comes to something as important as the sale of your home.
Tatyana Sturm and The Storck Team have been honored to serve the Aurora, Centennial, and Parker communities as the top 1% of Denver Realtors and recipient of the 5280 5-Star Award since 2010. We provide professional photography, video, and staging to our sellers. Oursellers make an average of $5,000 more on their homes and go under contract in an average of 5 days. We price it right the first time! Call or text Tatyana Sturm with The Storck Team today for your FREE market analysis.