About Parker, Colorado
The Town of Parker is comprised of quaint and quiet neighborhoods, located just twenty miles south of Denver. Parker is known for its unique Western-Victorian downtown area and features award winning education provided by the Douglas County School District. Parker is also home to the southernmost sector of the Cherry Creek Trail featuring breathtaking trails and cross country skiing.
- Founding: Parker, Colorado was founded in 1864.
- Incorporation: Parker became a municipality in 1981.
- Location: Parker is located 20 miles southeast of Denver, Colorado.
- Elevation: Parker sits at an elevation of 5,900 feet above sea level.
- Size and Population: The Town of Parker is 18.8 square miles with a current population of approximately 46,919 people residing within the incorporated Town boundaries.
- School District: Students residing in Parker are within the Douglas County School District RE 1.
- Demographics: View Parker Demographics.
- Community Profile: View Community Profile.